Software DeveloperPerth | Job ID 39527
- Job ID 39527
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr-Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Australia
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
About the role
Liebherr-Australia’s Mining Division has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Perth based Software Developer to join a cutting edge, zero emissions Joint Venture, Powertrain Unit project. Reporting to the Project Manager and working closely with Engineers you will; design, write and debug software for embedded systems, components, and support tools used in heavy mining equipment. The Software Developer is responsible to ensure that products developed meet the required cost targets, technical specifications and that projects are completed within the projected timelines.
- Perform difficult assignments requiring considerable initiative, resourcefulness and design expertise and analyses new products to eliminate design issues
- Creates the algorithms, software, and supporting documentation necessary to control heavy mining equipment
- Research solutions to system software required to meet specifications
- Analyse software tools necessary to perform validation and troubleshooting
- Design software architecture to ensure stable operating systems
- Evaluate alternative software programming & configuration management tools and languages
- Interfaces with other groups (Mechanical, Hydraulic, etc.) to create specifications that outline control system software necessary for haul truck functions
- Work independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and Joint Venture Partner key stakeholders
- Engages with vendors and internal customers to collaborate on projects and tasks
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Software Development or related discipline
- Two 2 years’ programming experience in an engineering environment for heavy industrial equipment
- Flexibility to travel extensively to customer sites and internationally
- Commitment to complying with, and adhere to QA and Health and Safety guidelines
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of design intent
- Establishing and sustaining robust/effective long term relationships
How to apply
Please apply via the "apply now" link.
Applications close COB 28th December 2021
Candidates are advised that interviews may commence before closing date. No third parties or agencies please.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Stuart Spence at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.