Service ManagerRaleigh, NC | Job ID 37476
- Job ID 37476
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/25/2021
The Service Manager has the overall responsibility for the product support operations of the retail branch. This includes overseeing the day-to-day internal/external service repairs; and management of product support personnel.
- Maintains/establishes a well-organized, profitable work center with strong emphasis on customer relations.
- Completes authority within guidelines set by the Retail Product Support Manager.
- Opens and closes service work-orders
- Schedules workload for in-house and field staff.
- Identifies training needs and oversees training schedule for service staff.
- Oversees cleanliness of facility and grounds.
- Oversees warranty claims.
- Works with parts department on parts ordering for repairs in process.
- Travels and works on customer machines in the field as required.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Assists in testing and commissioning of products as necessary.
- Performs pre-start checks and ensures product is ready for start-up as necessary.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision and minimum required rework.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Reads various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers and torque wrenches.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Directly manages service technicians and supporting staff.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Service team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associates or Technical degree in a related field plus five years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to direct and manage others.
- Strong customer relations skills with ability to explain and sell necessary repairs.
- Knowledge of mechanical repairs and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams.
- Travel domestically up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.