Product Warranty ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 30200
- Job ID 30200
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 6/1/2021
The Product Warranty Manager is responsible for tracking and administering the warranty process per the MIN Warranty Policy guidelines. Approves or denies affiliate customer claims and credit notes for parts. Coordinates returns from customers including new part returns, core returns, and warranty returns. Issues field modification parts to customers. Manages all policy “good will” claims. Maintains and is responsible for vendor recovery reimbursement on warranty items. Leads warranty related projects / initiatives with the goal to maximize expense recovery.
- Measures warranty related expenditures and generates reports for management team
- Performs quarterly and annual forecast of warranty reserves
- Gathers detailed field information for claim analysis and component tracking.
- Administers warranty claims and documents third party invoices.
- Keeps track of part returns, issues RGA’s and makes disposition on returns to suppliers.
- Processes credit notes for approved warranty claims - verify sufficient purchase history.
- Follows up on warranty related accounting matters - aging claims, issues debit notes, etc.
- Initiates warranty for mandatory service and/or safety related CSI’s.
- Assists in the full implementation of LISA II at LME.
- Supervisory Duties:
- Directly supervises employees in the Product Warranty department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Product Warranty team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from a four-year college or university and six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar logistic related business activity. A minimum of four years experience managing people and supplier relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of BaaN and LISA II.
- Proficient in using the PC, including MS Office suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to work within an ERP environment.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete detailed projects.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Sound judgment and ability to piece together the facts surrounding machine failure events.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites either nationally and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Lolitta Miller at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.