Field Service Specialist-Concrete PumpsNewport News, VA | Job ID 29446
- Job ID 29446
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Service Specialist plans, coordinates, and executes on-site and in-house service and maintenance for various types of Liebherr concrete equipment including, but not limited to, batch plants, recycling plants, mixers, concrete pumps, and truck-mounted conveyors.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervise and assist with installation and commissioning of new and previously owned concrete equipment as noted above
- Provide on-site or remote technical assistance to troubleshoot, repair, or adjust equipment
- Perform on-site or in-house equipment assembly, upgrades, and modifications as directed by supervisor
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs
- Organize and conduct on-site safety, maintenance, and operational training for dealers and end users of LCT provided equipment
- Recommend, specify, and maintain tools and equipment necessary to properly troubleshoot, repair, and maintain LCT provided equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of LCT’s workshop and warehouse areas
- Perform warranty evaluations and assist with preparing warranty claims
- Provide after-hours support as needed
- Pack, ship, and receive parts and equipment for resale
- Handle and properly dispose of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, parts cleaning solvents, and similar materials
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Education and Experience:
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of construction equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrated experience working with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Working knowledge of PLC applications and Ladder Logic programming.
- Working knowledge of welding, grinding, and metal fabrication.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Familiar with the safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to break problems down into smaller parts, and consider multiple solutions based upon cost, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each solution.
- Experienced Trainer.
- Can understand and interpret maintenance and parts manuals.
- Can read blueprints and schematics.
- Can plan and execute tasks without supervision.
- Recognizes when it is necessary to request additional assistance.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.