General Manager, Warehouse LogisticsNewport News, VA | Job ID 29215
- Job ID 29215
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/20/2021
The General Manager Warehouse Logistics is responsible for directing the Company’s vision, mission, values, culture, goal and objectives through leading and managing the warehouse and production control departments for the mining truck product lines.
- Establishes current and long range objectives and plans for warehouse and production control, in accordance with the Mining strategy.
- Directs reporting departments in planning, receiving, warehousing, material movement and distribution.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new and existing techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Analyzes sales and service forecasts to determine, human resource needs, and project planning.
- Confers with all levels of management, production, sales, service, engineering, purchasing and accounting staff to determine inventory and production levels.
- Acts as a LME liaison to other Liebherr companies and affiliates to build and maintain partnerships.
- Forecasts capital and operating costs for reporting departments and prepares budgets.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to reporting departments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensures clarity around priorities and goals for the Warehouse Logistics area.
- Works with Senior and Executive Management for strategy development and execution planning.
- Communicates financial and goal results and key performance indicators to direct and indirect reports.
- Directly manages a staff of 2-5 and indirectly supervises approximately 60 employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Warehouse and Production Control.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Logistics or Supply Chain Management and a minimum of 8 years working experience in assembled mobile equipment.Knowledge of stock control and reconciliation with data storage systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Warehouse, planning, and QA related systems as it relates to product structure, quality, inventory control and material movement.
- Knowledge of warehousing and planning Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, part drawings, assemble drawings, schematics, component/system specifications or governmental regulations.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Ability to apply Lean concepts and project planning techniques.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.