Non-Destructive Test InspectorSaline, MI | Job ID 28864
- Job ID 28864
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Job Summary:The Non-Destructive Test Inspector (NDT) performs non-destructive tests and applications to identify defects and discontinuities in various components. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Responsible for the processing and evaluation of parts
- Maintains documentations regarding inspection findings
- Maintain and inspect equipment used for NDT process
- Tests penetrant and magnetic particles on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications.
- Examines test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria.
- Applies agents, such as cleaners, penetrants, and developers, and couplant (light oil that acts as medium) to parts.
- Designates test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- Calibrates test equipment, such as magnetic particle and penetrant machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a quality team.
- Ability to adapt work schedule to meet program and company needs.
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple tasks; ability to work through potentially stressful situations.
- Reasoning and thinking skills and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to interact with wide variety of internal and external customers; excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Inspectors report to the quality manager for issues related to duties for the inspection of work.
- High school diploma or GED (2-year degree preferred) with1-4 years of experience in the role is required; must be able to meet the requirements of NAS410 and have experience in the NDT function; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Documented FPI NDT level 1, NDT Level 2, MPI, and Eddy Current experience preferred. FAA Airframe and Powerplant or Repairman Status preferred.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.