Technical Advisor, Commercial AppliancesHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 26826
- Job ID 26826
- Division Domestic Appliances
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Technical Advisor, Commercial Appliances will provide after-sales service support and coordination of spare parts for products sold in North America (US and Canada) for the Appliance Division.
- Provides technical support to service providers, service agents, dealers, and end-users.
- Assists service and spare parts staff with parts related questions.
- Acts as the liaison to the factories regarding service-related matters.
- Travels to customer locations to provide the highest-level of technical support when required.
- Provides support to dealers on installation inquiries and service documentation to service providers.
- Documents support inquiries and customer complaints via internal Liebherr quality systems.
- Reads parts manuals and interprets schematics for internal and external customers.
- Analyzes problems and proposes/implements detailed technical solutions.
- Analyzes and defines requirements to provide products and spare parts data to service providers.
- Assists with factory authorized training on service, spare parts and parts catalogue software.
- Controls and approves monthly service and spare parts invoices from service providers.
- Assures that spare parts and accessories are available in coordination with spare parts responsible, possibly consults with factories in the event of back orders, and communicates with providers.
- Monitors inventory and periodically assist in inspecting spare parts warehouse.
- Cooperate and work together with colleagues in other departments on site and at factories overseas such as product management, quality assurance, regulatory, marketing, administration, and logistics.
- Closely work with sales department and service providers and conduct technical product training related to installation and after-sales
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring individuals follow established safety procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or combination of education and experience, and at least 5+ years of experience with commercial refrigeration and appliances. Understanding of IoT devices and connected devices highly desired but not required. Spanish and/or German language skills desirable.
- Travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to diagnose electronic and electrical systems and to read, interpret and utilize technical publications and service manuals.
- Demonstrated technical domestic and/or commercial refrigeration or appliance knowledge.
- Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written. Presents information professionally with poise and confidence in front of an audience.
- Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Meets standards of productivity as defined for the level and position.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work, and takes steps to correct mistakes and improve the overall product.
- Keeps manager, and if appropriate, others informed of progress and obstacles in a proactive manner.
- Able to take on a variety of different tasks and roles within the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook).
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.