Shop Technician - Mobile CranesNewport News, VA | Job ID 25424
- Job ID 25424
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Repair and replace virtually any damaged or worn part on a crane. Using mechanical engineering theory, review schematics and operations books to ascertain procedures and objectives and test nature of technical problems. Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine. Weld metal parts or components together using brazing, gas or arc welding equipment. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demean or by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other programs.
Essential Job Duties
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts, using welding equipment.
- Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Follows directions for the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrated understanding in assembling, modifying and repairing industrial equipment.
- Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
- Education and Experience
High school graduate or GED.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com