Relief Wheelabrator OperatorKillarney | Job ID 25324
- Job ID 25324
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract part time
Applications are invited for the position of Relief Wheelabrator Operator in the Paintshop (7AP).
The successful applicant will stand in when required to cover absence from work or during special projects. An increased wage rate will apply for hours when the appointed employee is acting in this capacity. The successful applicant will be required to work 2/3 cycle shift as part of this position. The successful candidate will be required to be flexible and may need to change shift. Overtime is also required when necessary to satisfy departmental requirements.
Key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Operating RMGs and Wheelabrator machine as and when required
- Carrying out Daily/Weekly/Monthly checks on the Shotblaster and ensuring that the requisite paperwork/records are completed and kept up to date
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the machine by regularly inspecting all the suction devices and filter units plus wear of plates
- Paying attention to the sound of the machine during the run-up phase and during operation to detect irregularities
- Filing / storing programs for re-use
- Notifying the Paintshop Supervisor and/or the Maintenance department in the event of any malfunction or when servicing of the machine is required
- Ensuring maximum output from the machine through efficient loading, operation and inspection
- Painting or other duties as requested by MFP
Candidates for the Relief Wheelabrator Operator role are required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Highly motivated, dependable and flexible and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Qualified as a Painter or similar apprenticeship, or possesses a relevant 3rd level engineering qualification.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
The successful candidates will report to the Paintshop Foreman in 7AP.
Interested applicants should apply with an up-to-date CV and cover letter to Liebherr website www.liebherr.com no later than Friday 25th September 2020.