Accounts Payable Team LeaderBiggleswade | Job ID 19470
- Job ID 19470
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our finance department based in Biggleswade for an Accounts Payable Team Leader. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain and Liebherr-Ireland by providing effective and timely support to the finance and administrative functions. Using initiative and collaboration skills, the role, reporting to the Financial Controller will ensure that the function achieves its key performance indicators and objectives whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Manages the Company’s Accounts Payable function; third party, intercompany and staff expenses payments.
- Maintains purchase ledger and associated control accounts to include extensive reconciliation of transit accounts within the purchase cycle.
- Reviews and prepares payment proposals and bi-monthly settlement of liabilities via manual cheques, BACS and other e-banking software.
- Reviews intercompany invoices and payments, liaises with internal departments, associated Liebherr companies and management as required.
- Inputs invoices, credit notes, payments and undertakes ledger maintenance.
- Willingly provides relevant information relating to financial and commercial matters to internal customers/stakeholders.
- Controls and manages internal reporting timetables for month end close processes.
- Prepares ledger reports and date for Group reporting purposes.
- Develops a rapport with third parties as and when required so as to be able to support the effective implementation of creditor policies.
- Works beyond the roles boundaries so as to be able to support the whole function as and when required.
- Highlights important issues to departmental managers as necessary.
- Manages the Accounts Payable team and develops skills within the team.
- Works to develop skills and experiences by actively engaging in other opportunities within the function
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent; AAT is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, competitve salary and benefits, training and personal development.