Supplier Quality Assurance ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 19138
- Job ID 19138
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/6/2020
The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for managing supplier quality performance with current and potential suppliers in support of Liebherr Mining Equipment's (LME) business objectives. Effectively communicates quality related requirements to suppliers. Focuses on systems and processes that build quality into components supplied to LME. Maintains a strategy of using performance quality metrics to evaluate and identify suppliers who require coaching.
- Manages the initial assessment of potential goods and service suppliers through supplier audits to insure suppliers have quality and operational capability to meet LME Specifications.
- Conducts quick and efficient assessments of potential suppliers Quality Systems.
- Works with LME Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that supplier capabilities match requirements.
- Lead the process to establish tools to evaluate, manage and develop a diverse supply base that aligns with LME’s objectives. The processes should support specific goals such as product quality and innovation, supplier cost reduction, responsiveness and delivery.
- Work with supplier and LME functions (Quality Assurance, R&D, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Product Engineering.) to develop supplier quality capability.
- Develops the process ensuring that product development programs include suppliers.
- Understands, develops, and facilitates plans for process control, capability and sustainability at the supplier.
- Promotes supplier-led initiatives aimed at developing new innovative products.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction with existing and new suppliers Supplier Corrective Action
- Manage the supplier’s process improvements when quality issues result from existing process deficiencies and evaluate supplier’s capability with respect to product improvement. Investigate trend problems and develop proactive corrective action programs.
- Assists in identifying, communicating and resolving supplier quality problems.
- Manages Direct Reports 4 to 8.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Supplier Quality team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science with over eight years Supply Chain management experience and over six years of engineering experience; two to five years of management experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teamwork and communications with suppliers, supply chain, operations and engineering.
- Statistical Analysis and APQP methodology experience.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
- Experience with ISO 9001, required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience working with and auditing suppliers.
- Knowledge or Familiarity with Process Improvement Methodologies such as LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport