Warehouse Logistics LeadNewport News, VA | Job ID 19055
- Job ID 19055
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/16/2019
The Lead assists in coordinating and monitoring activities of employees engaged in warehousing of Liebherr components, by performing the duties listed below. In addition, the Lead will perform the duties of the Warehouse Logistics Technician and the Warehouse Logistics Specialist as necessary.
- Maintains the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the transaction of purchase receipt, putaway, sales, production issue, and re-distribution requirements.
- Utilizes company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to perform inquiries on transactional history, where used, and planned inventory movement in support of inventory reconciliation, receipt, transfer, and shipment.
- Provides support to Warehouse Logistics employees by answering questions, providing instruction and making suggestions for all phases of warehouse operations including production processes and aftermarket product support.
- Monitors and co-ordinates the physical and documentation flow of product within the area of responsibility with regard to receiving, putaway, picking, packing and shipping and kitting.
- Ensures procedural control by maintaining compliance to established procedures.
- Unloads and loads trucks and containers, using forklifts and cranes with weight capacities of up to forty (40) thousand lbs.
- Checks incoming shipments against the Delivery bill/packing list for accuracy of piece count, condition, noting any corrections or changes on Delivery bill ensuring the driver has signed, acknowledging discrepancies and/or damages.
- Evaluates and rigs material lifts, verifying current sling certifications in accordance with company safety guidelines.
- Picks work orders, sales orders, or requests for parts and materials using material handling equipment and stages the material for packaging and shipment. The material is then either delivered to Production or loaded for shipment to customers. Packs orders for domestic and international shipment as required for the transportation mode per company guidelines. Builds appropriate boxing/crating when and as required.
- Stocks materials or items on assigned racks, shelves, or in bins pending verification of stocking documentation. Reports inventory variances relative to stocking transactions.
- Replenishes vendor maintained and floor stock inventories. Processes material issues and adds/changes or deletes stock locations.
- Trains employees on the Liebherr warehouse system, Liebherr products, and material handling equipment.
- Works with other Leads and Warehouse Logistics Manager and Supervisors to balance workflow.
- Investigates, resolves, and coordinates shipping, receiving and inventory discrepancies.
- Performs and reconciles cycle counts.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two years related experience or knowledge in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including cranes and lift trucks.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of material movement and the associated procedural controls.
- Ability to perform effectively in a Team environment.
- Maintains a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Knowledge of and ability to navigate through the appropriate applications, i.e. MS Office Products, Inventory software and ERP and WMS systems.
- Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of basic power tools, i.e. saws, drill motors air compressors.
- Skilled in basic keyboarding.
- Skilled in reading basic tools of measurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
- Skilled in basic carpentry such as building boxes and crates.
- Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings.
- Demonstrates advanced training skills.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately using all forms of media i.e. radio, email, etc.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Monitors delegated activities to ensure tasks are accomplished.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to maintain forklift and crane certification.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.