Trainee Electrical Engineer 2018_040_LCCKillarney | Job ID 18663
- Job ID 18663
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Trainee Electrical Engineer will work with the electrical and automation design team on the development of electrical and automation control systems for container crane products. During the initial period of employment the candidate will be expected to participate and successfully complete a training and development program which will result in a minimum level 7 in automation or electrical engineering, this will include participation in part time or distance learning courses outside of the normal working hours.
Key Elements of the Role:
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare crane electrical drawings (EI drawing / Single line diagram).
- Document control console layouts and functions.
- Participate in the generation electrical switch gear specification.
- Participate in the specification of electrical components and source suppliers.
- Support the purchase department with component procurement.
- Assist with the creation of electrical piece lists and other documentation required for the production process.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to support assembly and testing.
- Where necessary prepare and execute on-site tests at selected customer ports.
- Assist with the preparation of Technical documentation for assemble, installation, commissioning and customers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 6 Higher Certificate in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package an advantage.
- PLC Programming knowledge an advantage.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage.