HMI Scada Engineer 2019_025_LCCKillarney | Job ID 18167
- Job ID 18167
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The successful candidate will work closely with the software manager within the electrical design department, with responsibilities in the following areas:
- Crane Management System integration and development.
- Manage work schedules and monitor work load, provide progress reports to the Software Manager.
Key Elements of the Role:
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with electrical and software design engineers and other disciplines to prepare system requirements and develop/document Crane Management System requirements.
- Evaluate market and bench mark potential solutions based on existing scada systems.
- Evaluate and development of HMI systems including operator display and touch screens.
- Work as part of a team to integrate new systems into new and existing cranes.
- Liaise with PLC software developers to prepare software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Liaise with field commissioning engineers to provide support for roll out and updates of software on new or existing systems.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Good Engineering Practice platform for effective delivery of projects.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Software Development / Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in the following areas a distinct advantage:
- SCADA systems application/development
- HMI development (machine operator interaction)
- Object orientated Programming
- Software development using .Net Framework
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Development of graphics
- Previous experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s.
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion.