Sales Manager - Drive ComponentsSaline, MI | Job ID 16906
- Job ID 16906
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr Components Northamerica
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 8/28/2019
- Business Development
- Analyze and monitor markets/industry segments for opportunities, trends and future developments with respect to business and product development
- Develops a sales strategy for the identified market segment(s) that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Initiate and coordinate development of marketing and action plans to penetrate market segment(s) and application(s).
- Arrange and negotiate customer specific Terms and Conditions, customized, supply contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents in coordination with Director of LUS-Components Division.
- Sales and Sales Support
- Receive, examine and clarify customer specifications in accordance with application requirements and manages the projects with the customer. Use technical knowledge and expertise of mechanical engineering and hydraulics, to find and offer the best product solution to the customer. This position will also create, submit, and negotiate offers to customers.
- Work in close collaboration with the respective business units of Liebherr Components’ business development and application engineering groups.
- Utilize the CRM system to increase transparency and effectiveness.
- Support the sales teams of other components, e.g. bearings, in technical and commercial matters
- Sales Performance
- Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales team.
- Ensure timely, accurate and competitive pricing on all opportunities while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Provide timely feedback to Director of LUS-Components Division regarding performance.
- Compile regular KPI or other sales reports in coordination with divisional director and business unit’s requirements using CRM as a leading instrument for working, documenting and reporting. Ensure sales team utilizes the CRM system to increase effectiveness and transparency on multiple levels.
- Compile and submit for approval yearly sales forecasts on a customer-by-customer basis for the respective markets.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure they are communicated and implemented within the SRB sales team.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Planning and Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Selling Skills: Demonstrates strong selling skills and makes sales that meet customer needs.
- External Awareness: Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may influence the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make timely decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Software Skills: Excellent knowledge of MS office, ERP systems, and computer aided design software.
- Negotiation Skills: Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Product and Application Knowledge: Has an excellent understanding of the product line and in-depth mechanical and hydraulic engineering knowledge related to Drive Components, such as gearboxes and winches. Has technical sales experience in construction/cranes industry and/or maritime/offshore applications and/or within other industrial applications.
- Relationship Building/Networking: Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Presents information professionally in front of an audience. Proficient in MS Office.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Travel: Capability of travelling overseas, mainly Europe, for business and training purposes. Familiar with U.S. Export and Import regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or other related field (Master’s Degree preferred), with 5-8 years of relevant experience in the field. Additionally, experience in sales, sales support, business development, and project management is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Application engineering experience with gearboxes is preferred.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successfuly inernational company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.