Safety and Environmental OfficerBiggleswade | Job ID 15511
- Job ID 15511
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Operational safety
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our SQE department based in Biggleswade for a Safety and Environmental Officer. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr – Great Britain Ltd by effectively promoting good working practices predominately within the Workshop whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Work with SQE team to ensure continual improvements with management systems and processes and promote good practice
- Assist to develop Safe Systems of Work in all areas of a busy and safety critical environment
- Support in carrying out accident investigations
- Continual monitoring of work places within the organisation to ensure effective safe practices and controls are adhered to
- Ensure work equipment is compliant and fit for purpose
- Provide guidance on hazard identification and ensure Risk Assessments are completed and effective
- Support the business to achieve its environmental objectives
- Carry out toolbox talks, inductions and basic safety training
- Assist and advice safety and environmental champions/safety committees
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Formal safety qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent)
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Confident working in an engineering workshop environment
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.