Project ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 14185
- Job ID 14185
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/28/2019
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors for Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Oversees proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) from four-year college or university; or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Occasional overnight/extended travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.