Key Account Manager Wind Industry North AmericaSaline, MI | Job ID 10751
- Job ID 10751
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr Components Northamerica
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
Through direction from Divisional Director Components and in agreement with the Wind Industry Segment’s global sales strategy, the Key Account Manager Wind Industry North America maintains, develops and acquires key accounts in the Wind Industry segment in the Sales Region North America. This position is responsible for driving growth in the Components Division and all sales activities relating to the wind energy segment within North America for both the OEM and aftermarket. Products include but are not limited to slewing ring bearings, gearboxes, cylinders and ring gears.
- Analyze and monitor markets/industry segments for opportunities, trends and future developments with respect to business and product development
- Identify, acquire, manage and develop existing and new Key Accounts for components n the Wind Industry segment in the Sales Region North America
- Develop and execute a business plan and sales strategy for the defined market segment(s) that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Initiates and coordinates development of marketing and action plans to penetrate market segment(s) and application(s).
- Arrange and negotiate customer specific Terms and Conditions for sales and delivery, supply contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents in coordination with Divisional Director LUS-Components Division.
- Examine customer technical specifications, in cooperation with the Sales Engineering Team, and determine the most suitable specifications to meet the customer's requirements.
- Provide estimates and quotes for the respective inquiries and project utilizing the guidelines of the production facilities considering the market-, regional, customer-specific specifics
- Conduct price and volume negotiations with existing and new accounts
- Communicate with the customer technical feedback received from Liebherr Engineering and establish, with the customer, the way to proceed
- Collect the "Voice of the Customers" and provide input and support on technical solutions for the application and in cooperation with the Product Management and Liebherr Engineering
- Document the sales activities in the CRM System
- Promote the Liebherr products, in the assigned markets ,through customers visits, participation in conferences and international and domestic conventions
- Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports; document aforementioned within CRM
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Compiles regular KPI or other Sales Reports in coordination with Divisional Director LUS- Components Division and/or Business units/Industry Segment’s requirements using CRM as a leading instrument for working, documenting and reporting.
- Compiles and submits for approval yearly sales forecasts on a customer-by-customer basis for the respective markets.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the SRB sales team.
- Travel up to 60% of the time- 50% within North America and up to 10% internationally, mostly to Europe.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Selling Skills: Demonstrates strong selling skills and makes sales that meet customer needs. External Awareness: Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may affect the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Software Skills: Has excellent knowledge and use of the MS office package, ERP systems, and computer aided design software.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Negotiation Skills: Has basic knowledge in contract management and legal topics. Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Product and Application Knowledge: Has an excellent understanding of the product line and in-depth mechanical engineering knowledge related to Diesel Engines. Has extensive technical sales experience with respect to mechanical drive train products, slewing bearings, planetary gearboxes and hydraulic cylinders for Wind Industry applications or related applications.
- Relationship Building / Networking: Has strong understanding of the market, especially with respect to OEMs, end-users, channel partners and competition. Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals. Has in-depth experience within the Oil & Gas industry, in particular in the well-servicing industry
- Administrative Skills: Has excellent Business Administration knowledge in costing and calculation, is familiar with U.S. Import and Export regulations
- Integrity: Consistently demonstrates honesty, fairness, trustworthiness. Has high identification with customers, products and the Liebherr Company Core Values
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Presents information professionally in front of an audience. Proficient in MS Office. Has confidence and persuasiveness in contact and communication with customers
- Language Skills: Has excellent skills in English language, both written and spoken are mandatory; proficient skills in German and/or French language, both written and spoken, are desired, but not mandatory; an additional language is a plus
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility. Be proactive, flexible and cooperative in the daily work activities
- Education: Holds a B.Sc. degree in Engineering at minimum, preferable in Mechanical Engineering, additional degrees and/or technical studies preferred
- Experience: Has 8-10 years minimum of experience in key account management and at least 5 years in a Sales, Sales Support, Application Engineering, Business Development and/or Product Management role within the Wind Industry Segment.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.