Financial AccountantNewport News, VA | Job ID 19333
- Job ID 19333
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/24/2020
The Financial Accountant is responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyzes financial information detailing balance sheet accounts and portions of the profit and loss accounts. Reconciles sub-ledgers to general ledger.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
- Calculates amounts for warranty reserves, other liabilities, foreign exchange revaluations, A/R allowances, and other accruals.
- Reconciles bank account.
- Assists with preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other financial reports including LIN reports.
- Participates in preparation of internal and external audit materials and tax work papers.
- Prepares sales tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Maintains the fixed asset system (FAS), and calculates depreciation expense for books and tax.
- Assists the supervisor and the Finance and Accounting manager with special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from four-year college or university, and 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data, IFRS reporting
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, managers, suppliers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft Access Database software; Outlook, Word Processing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Access and in using Accounting related computer systems to setup queries, enter data and process information.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter; and portfolio link if applicable.