Non-Destructive Test InspectorSaline, MI | Job ID 19700
- Job ID 19700
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Non-Destructive Test Inspector (NDT) performs non-destructive tests and applications to identify defects and discontinuities in various components. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Responsible for the processing and evaluation of parts; tests penetrant and magnetic particles on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications.
- Examines test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria; applies agents, such as cleaners, penetrants, and developers, and couplant (light oil that acts as medium) to parts.
- Designates test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- Calibrates test equipment, such as magnetic particle and penetrant machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant and magnetic particle tests to locate and identify cracks or other defects, using black light.
- Marks tested parts to indicate defective areas.
- Evaluates test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a quality team.
- Ability to adapt work schedule to meet program and company needs.
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple tasks; ability to work through potentially stressful situations.
- Good communication skills including written, verbal, in person and by telephone.
- Reasoning and thinking skills and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to interact with wide variety of internal and external customers; excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- High school diploma or GED (2-year degree preferred) with 1-4 years of experience in the role is required; must be able to meet the requirements of NASA410 and have experience in the NDT function; or equivalent combination of education and experience. FPI NDT level 1, NDT level 2, MPI, and Eddy Current experience is preferred.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international organization. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Flex time start, tuition assistance, major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.