Vehicle paint technicians give vehicles a protective coating and finish them with color. The inspection and appraisal of base layers and preparation for top coats by cleaning, sanding, priming and filling are included in their area of responsibility.
Areas that do not require treatment must be removed, masked-off or covered. The surface of the vehicle is then painted and given the required finish. Finally, all parts have to be installed again.
At a glance
Period of training: 3 years
Prerequisite: Secondary school or intermediate-level education
Interests and talents
- You are creative and enjoy working with color.
- Among your strengths is an appreciation of color and form.
- Optimal finish and accuracy in your work are important to you.
- You have craftsmanship skills.
- You work happily in a team.
Further training opportunities
- Master craftsman
- Academic studies
Liebherr-Werk Ehingen GmbH
- Phone+49 7391 502-3275