Liebherr founding plant looking forward
Liebherr-Hydraulikbagger GmbH is a global leader in the manufacture of state-of-the-art hydraulic excavators. Furthermore, the company develops and manufactures material handling machines and articulated trucks. The hydraulic excavators are successfully used throughout the world in civil engineering as well as in many special tasks such as horticulture and landscape gardening, for example. The areas of application for the material handling machines range from scrap, wood, and port handling right up to waste management and recycling.
The first decades of the plant were marked by changing focal points in development and production. In 1949 the company founder Hans Liebherr designed and built the first tower crane in Kirchdorf. Further products such as gear cutting machines and wheel loaders followed. In 1954 the first hydraulic wheeled excavator worldwide was manufactured in Kirchdorf, two years later the first crawler excavator. Over time, Liebherr has specialized on today's product range at the Kirchdorf plant.
Restructuring and expansion
In 2007 a comprehensive restructuring of the entire production began at the Kirchdorf plant to assert itself further at the pinnacle of the global market. This included construction of a new 180-meter long and 128-meter wide assembly hall for material handling machines as well as the new construction of an additional administration building. Additionally, the company opened a new training center at Kirchdorf in 2014.
Facts and figures
- Founded: 1949
- Workforce: 1,500
- Total area: 400.000 m².
- Built-up area: 150,000 m²