Liebherr founding plant looks ahead
Tradition in motion
In 2014, Liebherr-Components Kirchdorf GmbH was set up as an independent company of the founding plant of the Liebherr Group at the site in Kirchdorf an der Iller. Since 1958 Liebherr has been developing and producing high-quality hydraulic cylinders for diverse applications at this site. With the spin-off into an independent corporate entity, on the one hand global market segments can be served flexibly and in a targeted manner, and on the other hand the group can press ahead with further expansion.
Securing success over the long term – New building in Oberopfingen
Liebherr-Components Kirchdorf GmbH is planning a new, ultramodern assembly plant for hydraulic cylinders, suspensions and system solutions at the site in Kirchdorf/Oberopfingen in order to secure maximum customer benefits over the long term and support the targeted expansion. In the first stage assembly halls with a total area of approx. 20,000 m² and a building for the entire administration of Liebherr-Components Kirchdorf GmbH are planned. These facilities are expected to be completed by the end of 2017.
Facts and Figures
- Founded: 2014
- Number of employees: 350
- Current constructed area: 25,000 m²
- Total area of Oberopfingen: 130,000 m²
- Constructed area in Oberopfingen (2017): 20,000 m²