Apprentice - Earthmoving WorkshopBiggleswade | Job ID 19885
- Job ID 19885
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within the Earthmoving Division for an Apprentice - Earthmoving Workshop. The role, based at our Biggleswade site, contributes to the success of Liebherr – Great Britain Ltd by growing our own pool of talent through dedicated training both on site and at college to obtain a nationally recognised qualification whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Attend college as required and complete a recognised apprenticeship framework to a high standard
- Ensure and maintain the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others in the workplace
- Ensure all documentation is completed as required
- Follow a set rotation and training plan in the workplace
- Prepare Construction Plant and Equipment for repair
- Identify and order parts to complete repair
- Carry out repairs, modifications, rebuilds, servicing, maintenance on a range of construction plant
- Carry out diagnosis of faults and carry out remedial work
- Any other task or project as required to suit business needs
The successful candidate will require the following:
- GCSE Grade A-C in Maths, English and a science subject
- An interest or background in engineering
- Smart and well presented
- Team player
- Good communicator at all levels
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
- Good problem solving aptitiude
- Have an eye for detail and an appreciation of quality
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
Please be advised that the closing date for this role is 31st May 2020 and we will then be producing a shortlist after this date