Strategic PurchaserKillarney | Job ID 37586
- Job ID 37586
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Employee will be employed as a Strategic Purchaser within the Purchase IVA Department and reporting directly to the Procurement Department Manager or his/her delegate.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Coordination of all activities related to procurement of a commodity.
- Responsibility to develop and implement commodity & supplier strategy in accordance with global purchasing strategy guidelines.
- Ensure availability of a commodity within the required technical specification, quality requirements and lead-time.
- Deploy commodity and sourcing expertise to support supplier identification, qualification and development.
- Create Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and analyse/compare supplier offers.
- Maintain related item data within the MRP system for new released items, process design modifications.
- Responsibility to negotiate supplier agreements, price and conditions of supply.
- Liaise with suppliers to optimise supplier-relationship and performance of supply.
- Perform procurement market analysis to ensure best-cost sourcing.
- Initiate and conduct continuously cost reduction projects for assigned commodities.
- Utilise purchasing tools within Liebherr Sharepoint to analyse costs and maintain data related to results of cost improvement/adjustment.
- Permanent analysation and optimisation of supplier portfolio, drive innovations and minimise procurement risks.
- Escalate claims and quality issues in cooperation with Quality Department using Liebherr Sharepoint tool.
- Other ancillary duties associated with the position.
- Minimum of 5 year experience required in a purchasing role.
- Experience with material group / commodity group management
- A recognised qualification in a related discipline.
- Experience in Engineering / Manufacturing environments is a distinct advantage
- Strong Negotiation, analytics and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential
- Advanced skills with formulas and complex financial spreadsheets in MS Excel.
- Experience of material planning, warranty management with an ERP system (BAAN) knowledge would be an advantage.
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, training and development opportunities, subsidised canteen, retailer discounts, travel opportunities, sports and social club, cycle to work scheme and if that isn’t enough, we have an early finish on a Friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Brid Fallon at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.