Heavy Equipment Field Service TechnicianHalifax, NS | Job ID 36116
- Job ID 36116
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
We are seeking a self-motivated Field Technician to join our Earth Moving division in the Halifax area! The successful candidate will be customer focused and comfortable working at a quick pace. The Field Technician will be responsible for the safe and effective repair of all earth moving heavy equipment & components.
Work will take place in the field, at customer sites, to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
*Overtime opportunities available*
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
- Liaise directly with customers to discuss and explain issues with their equipment and the repairs required
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
- Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
- Servicing of Liebherr equipment as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Provincially Recognized Heavy Equipment Licensed preferred, 3rd or 4th year apprentices will be considered
- Minimum 3+ years field experience in Heavy Equipment
- Customer focused with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic skills of moderate to complex issues
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic, electrical systems as well as the ability to read and understand schematics
- Basic MS Office knowledge, service reporting/time entry and parts ordering software
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Valid drivers license - Ability to travel as required
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Gauss at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.