Parts PurchaserNewport News, VA | Job ID 29406
- Job ID 29406
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Administration
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry immediate
The overall responsibility of this position is to provide sourcing of parts inventory for all earthmoving and material handling machines. Purchase designated items from European sources for manufacturing plant at Newport News.
- Perform parts sourcing to support required customer service levels.
- Liaison with European affiliates.
- Create purchase order in system.
- Improve correct set order quantities for all items in Baan.
- Establish all domestic purchase orders and quotes for parts sales to all affiliated Liebherr companies.
- Establish all purchase orders for literature, parts books, parts manuals and parts system (LIDOS) orders from Liebherr affiliate.
- Establish all purchase orders for Liebherr Construction Equipment Division.
- Establish purchase return orders.
- Process orders to affiliate Liebherr companies: purchase parts, get quotes, update price list, and arrange shipping for airfreight.
- Maintain files, delete and clear PO’s, work on various reports.
- Maintain and do requisitions for Office Supply cabinet.
- On standby for emergency purchase orders from Liebherr affiliates on nights and on weekends.
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three years of work experience in Purchasing.
- Specific product knowledge and inventory control tactics a real plus.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written, good phone skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of software and systems related to parts and warehouse operations activities; timekeeping systems; project management software; spreadsheet software; and word processing software.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Ability to work overtime as required, nights and or weekends as required.
- Ability to work 9am - 6pm EST.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Lolitta Miller at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.