Accounts Receivable/Collections SupervisorNewport News, VA | Job ID 25979
- Job ID 25979
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Accounts Receivables/Collections Supervisor is responsible for directing the Accounts Receivables and Collections activities for the company, while maintaining a good working relationship with customers. This position is responsible for leading the A/R team and overseeing processes in collecting, cash application and reconciliation. This position is based in Newport News, VA.
Essential Job Duties
- Department Performance:
- Accountable for the team performance/productivity; provides oversight of the productivity of the A/R team and ensures all critical tasks are done in a time-efficient manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provides guidance and training to new and existing staff on tasks/processes and keeps them up to date on policy and procedures.
- Regularly evaluates the effectiveness of existing processes and controls, and when appropriate, designs and implements new processes and procedures to enable greater efficiency and mitigate risk
- Credit & Collections:
- Oversees all collection activities while evaluating the continued effectiveness of current collection policies.
- Responsible for new customer credit checks and establishing credit limits, the reassessment of existing customer credit terms; ensures approvals for new terms / change in terms are obtained
- Collects on past due accounts, establishes alternative payment plans, and recommends write-offs and legal pursuits.
- Identifies issues attributing to account delinquency and consults with Sales and Product Support department managers on regular basis regarding past due invoices and appropriate course of action.
- Determines accounts that should be placed on credit hold for non-payment issues.
- Reviews and releases sales orders for customers who have exceeded credit line.
- Liaises with third party collection companies and handles responses to customer bankruptcy filings.
- Responsible for customer credit card payment processing
- Ensures reports on customer aging schedules and collection activities are prepared and participates in monthly meetings with each division’s management.
- Prepares monthly Executive Summary on status of past due accounts.
- Reconciles A/R sub-ledger to general ledger on monthly basis
- Oversees and reconciles the receivables portion of ICS/SAB on a quarterly basis.
- Processes adjustments to customer accounts/invoices while ensuring proper approvals are in place.
- Ensures customer files, including tax exemptions, are properly maintained and are current.
- Participates in preparation of internal and external audit materials.
- Assists Financial Accounting Manager with special projects.
- Directly supervises Accounts Receivable employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, and assists in correcting errors or problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, assisting in hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Customer Focus: Is attentive and responsive to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly. Disseminates information. Shares knowledge. Uses appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Teamwork: Develops and maintains positive relationships with peers and superiors. Accepts instructions and assignments. Assists others to accomplish group objectives. Creates trust. Works collaboratively in group situations and values diverse points of view. Helps develop peers and co-workers.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes. Can be counted on to accept accountability for his/her own decisions, actions or results.
- Leadership: Builds organizational commitment. Implements policies. Manages employee performance. Motivates team and communicates. Leads by example.
- Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Strong communication skills with customers and within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, managers, customers, and the general public.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Working knowledge of sales tax regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to enter data and process information.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance. General Competencies:
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Handles multiple assignments and priorities while fulfilling all commitments. Handles a fair work load and meets deadlines. Accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
- Thinking and Problem Solving: Identifies and solves problems effectively and demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making.
- Cost Awareness: Strives to keep costs at a minimum and within budget. Makes manager aware when costs may exceed budget. Monitors revenues and/or expenses to ensure sound fiscal responsibilities.
- Safety: Promotes an incident free and clean working environment.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from four-year college or university; and three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior supervisory experience desired.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.