Senior Sales Manager Drive Components North AmericaSaline | Job ID 10388
- Job ID 10388
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr Components Northamerica
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
With direction from the Sales Director-North America and in agreement with the Business Unit’s global sales strategy, the Senior Sales Manager Drive Components North America develops and acquires accounts/key accounts in various key industry segments, preferably but not limited to construction machinery/equipment, maritime applications and various other industrial applications. This position is responsible for urging existing business and developing new business for drives and drive components within existing and new markets in the North American Region.
- Analyze and monitor markets/industry segments for opportunities, trends and future developments with respect to business and product development
- Develops a sales strategy for the identified market segment(s) that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Initiate and coordinate development of marketing and action plans to penetrate market segment(s) and application(s).
- Receive, examine and clarify customer specifications in accordance with application requirements and manages the projects with the customer. Uses his technical knowledge and expertise of mechanical engineering and hydraulics, to find and offer the best product solution to the customer. Create, submit and negotiate offers to customers.
- Work in close collaboration with the respective Business Units of Liebherr Components’ business development and application engineering groups
- Utilize the CRM system to increase transparency and effectiveness.
- Support the sales teams of other Components, e.g. bearings, in technical and commercial matters.
- Arrange and negotiate customer specific Terms and Conditions, customized, supply contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents in coordination with Directors of LUS-Components Division.
- Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales team.
- Ensure timely, accurate and competitive pricing on all opportunities while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Provide timely feedback to Sales Director regarding performance.
- Compile regular KPI or other Sales Reports in coordination with Sales Director and Business unit’s requirements using CRM as a leading instrument for working, documenting and reporting. Ensure sales team utilizes the CRM system to increase effectiveness and transparency on multiple levels.
- Compile and submit for approval yearly sales forecasts on a customer-by-customer basis for the respective markets.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure they are communicated and implemented within the SRB sales team.
- Travel up to 50% of the time within North America and plus up to 20% overseas, mainly to Europe
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
- Management – Includes staff and support leadership team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make timely decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Selling Skills: Demonstrates strong selling skills and makes sales that meet customer needs.
- External Awareness: Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may influence the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Software Skills: Excellent knowledge of MS office, ERP systems, and computer aided design software.
- Negotiation Skills: Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Product and Application Knowledge: Has an excellent understanding of the product line and in-depth mechanical and hydraulic engineering knowledge related to Drive Components, such as gearboxes and winches. Has technical sales experience in construction/cranes industry and/or maritime/offshore applications and/or within other industrial applications.
- Relationship Building / Networking: Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Integrity: Consistently demonstrates honesty, fairness, trustworthiness.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Presents information professionally in front of an audience. Proficient in MS Office.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Capability of travelling overseas, mainly Europe, for business and training purposes.
- Familiar with U.S. Export and Import regulations.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree Required/Master’s degree preferred in Mechanical Engineering and/or other related science/engineering field. 7-10 years of experience in a related industry as a Sales Representative, Sales Support, Application Engineering, Business Development and/or Product Management role.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.