Apprentice Construction Machinery WorkshopBiggleswade | Job ID 20901
- Job ID 20901
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our MCC Division based in Biggleswade for an Apprentice – Construction Machinery Workshop. To undertake a formal apprenticeship with a view to a long term career with Liebherr-Great Britain as a Service Engineer whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To undertake a formal apprenticeship within the crane environment and undertake structured work based training.
- To attend designated college and industrial based training courses to augment the work based training.
- To complete all necessary NVQ qualifications and additional peripheral but relevant qualifications necessary for competence to work.
- To focus as a priority on all the company’s product types with a willingness to learn and develop skills on other products if required with a view to future developments.
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested from time to time.
- To provide assistance to other team members as and when required.
- Supports the team ethos by actively engaging in new challenges with a can do attitude.
- Drives customer satisfaction by following guidelines in relation to the company quality assurance manual.
- To work additional hours reasonably required to undertake the described duties.
- To undertake all duties predominately in the United Kingdom but also be prepared to travel and work outside of this territory as required from time to time.
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at ‘C’ grade or above (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics and preferably a science based subject.
- Demonstrate a passion for the subject, the industry and their own personal development.
- Be articulate and able to communicate confidently.
- Smart and well presented.
- Team player.
- Flexible approach to work.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.