Repair Shop SupervisorNewport News, VA | Job ID 55461
- Job ID 55461
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 7/20/2022
The Repair Shop Supervisor assists Management in coordinating and monitoring service activities for the shop. The Repair Shop Supervisor performs mechanical maintenance and assembly adjustments in the shop on all types of Liebherr Crane equipment for internal and external customers as needed. Must possess strong hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting abilities. Maintains punctuality and a professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff. Responsible for keeping work areas clean and orderly, promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Receives direction from Management on current Repair/Service priorities.
- Trains, mentors, and assists Shop Technicians with all facets of service and repair.
- Communicates priorities and delegates assignments to Shop Technicians. Provides proper information and parts to technicians to keep work flowing.
- Provides functional support to Shop Technicians by answering questions, providing instruction and advising on all phases of service and repair.
- Reports progress and complications back to management.
- Keeps up with return parts, warranty parts, and cores from service work orders.
- Works on customer machines in the repair shop, and assist in the field as necessary. Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Assists in testing and commissioning of products.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision, and minimum required rework.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Ensures repair tickets show work completed and any follow-up required.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and follows established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Complete assigned paperwork as instructed.
- Supervise 3 to 5 team members
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of shop team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and five (5) to eight (8) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on heavy equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience servicing and repairing Liebherr Cranes Equipment.
- Strong demonstrated management skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrates ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates ability using Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Ability to learn to learn and use an ERP system (i.e. Baan).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates self-starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Demonstrates mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repair skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment at various locations.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Travel domestically up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to provide own hand tools.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.