Technical Support SpecialistHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 37239
- Job ID 37239
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/11/2021
The Technical Support Specialist’s primary role is to provide technical support to customer’s technicians and Liebherr Service Technicians through onsite assistance and guidance as well as phone support. The Technical Support Specialist also leads and trains Liebherr Service Technicians. Together with the Technical Advisor, the Technical Support Specialist will be a point of contact for customer and Liebherr Service Technicians when they cannot resolve a technical issue on their own and therefore must be an expert on MCR products. This position also requires a strong background in the service, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation of maritime products handling various type of cargo or container handling equipment. Maritime products used on fixed or floating installations, at shipyards, at sea ports, at mills, offshore rigs, or on rails. The Technical Support Specialist also provides back-up to the Service Manager and Technical Advisor(s) when required.
- Works directly with customer and Liebherr technicians and/or service management by remotely guiding them through service maintenance, troubleshooting and technical issues to ensure products operate and perform with the highest production and availability to meet customer expectations.
- Coordinates activities and participates in the assembly of new or used equipment at customer jobsites and ensures full functionality according to factory standards.
- Writes Work Reports on technical problems that can be used to identify trends affecting design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and makes recommendations for modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Prepares for jobs by checking parts and drawings for accuracy and completeness.
- Properly fill out service reports, hour’s reports, expense reports, and hour’s overviews.
- Answers incoming phone calls and emails from customer and Liebherr technicians in a timely manner then holding responsibility to track the associated calls through to the completion of the issue.
- Ability to work on various Liebherr control systems or machines of various generations; Master3, Master4, MIPEG, TTL, LICCON, SPS, and controls used on future machine generations.
- Uses hydraulic and electric schematics, diagnostic software and advanced troubleshooting techniques to assist customer’s or Liebherr Service Technicians resolve machine issues.
- Reviews technician Work Reports and documentation from customers and provides feedback and recommendations to the Customer regarding the repair or replacement of components or recommends other corrective action(s).
- Provides assistance and guidance to other Service personnel in resolving maritime product related problems and helps to expedite solutions.
- Proficient in the use of LIDIA, SCULI, LIDAT, LIKV, and Crane Management.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment as required.
- Assists in establishing preventive maintenance programs including planning and scheduling of equipment maintenance in accordance with factory specifications contained within Operation and Maintenance manuals and guidelines.
- Provides training and mentoring to other Liebherr Service Technicians.
- Is proficient in reading, understanding, and interpreting operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Assists Customer Service Manager in Performance Reviews and disciplinary actions by reporting actions and situations of Service Technicians and Service Engineers.
- Overhauls and tests machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Ensure proper paperwork filled out for inventory and/or inspection of all tools, parts, or equipment before and after supplied, stored, or returned upon completion of the job.
- Assist with generation of Sale Orders via BaaN for ongoing and upcoming service jobs.
- Participate in cost estimations, job planning, list and preparation of needed spare parts for upcoming service jobs.
- Assists in logistics and makes sure return of defective or new components between office and jobsite performed in timely, secure, safe manner, and free of hazardous waste for warehouse stock or as part of internal warranty claims.
- Promotes a safe work environment and ensures that Liebherr, Customer safety procedures, proper PPE rules followed at all times.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of maritime products; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have advanced mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, low voltage D.C., electrical control systems, and diesel engines.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment, hydraulic test equipment and other equipment required for proper machine diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of E-mail software; Inventory software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to write detailed technical service and failure reports and other correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 90% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and provide support on the 24 hour service hotline.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Farinas at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.