Quality Product EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 27801
- Job ID 27801
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Quality Product Engineer leads, plans, and conducts activities concerned with the development, implementation and continual improvement of the product and the LME quality management system.
- Work independently and as a team member to interact routinely with cross-functional departments within Liebherr organization.
- Apply and promote Quality tools and techniques for problem solving and facilitate improvements on our processes and products.
- Analyze data to develop reports and quality metrics.
- Drive quality and process improvements throughout the organization.
- Conduct System, Process or Product Audits, generate reports and follow up with corrective action.
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis, Corrective, and Preventive Actions within the organization.
- Develop quality and technical documentation.
- Support production operation for quality related issues.
- Create, evaluates prepare, revise and manage product quality documentation.
- Facilitate the corrective/preventive action process related to customer complaints.
- Collect and analyze data, and develop metrics and reports using basic statistical methods.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, and applicable regulatory standards.
- Continually work with manufacturing, engineering and warehouse to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans.
- Drive corrective actions within manufacturing, engineering and warehouse processes.
- Work with manufacturing engineering and product engineering to improve and update any product specifications or requirements.
- Work with warehousing to improve and update their processes to ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Intermediate knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 or current revision, and applicable regulatory standards
- Comprehensive knowledge on Root Cause analysis and Problem solving methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 or current revision and applicable regulatory standards.
- Proficient in Root Cause analysis and Problem solving methodologies.
- Proficient in auditing process using guidelines, certification and experience is required.
- Has at least one or more of the following certifications; ASQ CQA, CQE, CSSGB or CSSBB.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, or AS in engineering related discipline with two years related experience, or four to six years of Quality Control and/or Assurance inspection experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, or AS in engineering related discipline with four years related experience, or six to eight years Quality Control or Assurance experience within a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, or AS in engineering related discipline with four years related experience, or eight to ten years Quality Control or Assurance experience within a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. . Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, or AS in engineering related discipline with four years related experience, or eight to ten years Quality Control or Assurance experience within a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality engineering role in a manufacturing environment. Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred but not required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Contact Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience with Customer Complaints and providing responses.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as engineering specifications, drawings, blue prints, procedures, and manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Familiar with typical manual measurement equipment.
- Familiar with standard shop practices.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods such as pareto analysis and histograms.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Collins at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.