Maintenance & Reliability EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 26698
- Job ID 26698
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Maintenance & Reliability Engineer is responsible for monitoring and measuring Off Highway Truck (OHT) performance data throughout the products’ lifecycle. The primary objective is to lead and drive improvement opportunities that are revealed through field data analysis. The analysis results are used to set priorities for field engineering, supplier quality engineering, maintenance, and logistics personnel focused on supporting the after sales fleet
- Validate and decipher all sources of global truck performance data.
- Establish metrics to communicate and report on haul truck performance (cost per ton hauled, equipment availability, time to failure, component service life, life-cycle costs, etc.).
- Analyze field data using proven engineering techniques / principles / procedures to continuously improve product performance and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Remotely monitor and trend system health data using the Liebherr Mining Data (LMD) portal.
- Work to improve product performance and increase customer satisfaction.
- Develop diagnostic and prognostic capabilities that assist in maintaining the truck.
- Identify and communicate best practices of the global mining business to our affiliate network and customer base.
- Develop, evaluate and update data requirements for existing ERP and CMMS applications; expand and improve the systems used to collect and analyze field performance data.
- Monitor field data trends and use study findings to improve overall product performance.
- Work with system users and data entry personnel to improve field data quality.
- Strengthen partnerships with maintenance and reliability personnel outside the factory; work collectively to create practical approach solutions.
- Lead maintenance and reliability project initiatives; facilitate meetings and implement action plans.
- Participate on cross functional teams that investigate failure modes and root cause analysis.
- Intense focus on MIN PIR field issue resolution process; exploring regional field data to identify and improve field issue resolution time and effectiveness
- BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology; and four years maintenance and reliability experience in a heavy equipment mining environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred.
- Ability to define and distinguish between qualitative and quantitative data.
- Mastery of basic statistical concepts and techniques, including calculations and applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading design level drawings and engineering specifications; and writing technical work instructions and reports.
- Ability to lead cross functional team initiatives and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of common predictive maintenance techniques (nondestructive testing, oil analysis, system health monitoring, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft desktop suite.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools and statistical software (ex., SAS JMP, Reliasoft Weibull ++).
- Ability to author product documentation such as maintenance manuals and safe work procedures.
- Sound judgment and ability to perform duties in harsh and sometimes isolated locations.
- Able to maintain a safe work environment and follow safe work practices as established by Liebherr as well as comply with site specific rules and regulations.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time for up to 2 weeks duration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.