Electrical Engineer II, III or Senior 1Newport News, VA | Job ID 26617
- Job ID 26617
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Electrical Engineer researches, develops, designs and test electrical components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations that will efficiently resolve the issues.
- Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals, technical drawings, electrical schematics, wire diagrams, wire tables, and computer-generated reports.
- Investigates and tests products from vendors.
- Provides input to the Drafters in developing the electrical design of products using drafting tools or Computer-Assisted Design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Provides feedback to other Engineers on customer problems and needs related to the electrical systems and/or subsystems.
- Develops and oversees installation, testing, and maintenance procedures to ensure that electrical system components are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Develops, researches, designs, installs, tests, analyzes, and maintains electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Specifies electrical system components or direct modification of truck components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Creates electrical schematics using special electrical CAD software.
- Directs Designers and Engineers on Engineering Change Request/Engineering Change Notice work.
A Master of Science Degree (MS) or, a Bachelor of Science Degree (BSEE/EET) or, Associate of Science Degree (ASEE) with 10 years of relevant electrical experience in an engineering environment.
- Good technical writing skills and speaking skills.
- Well versed in voltage drop calculations and harness layouts.
- Must be able to travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.