Mechanical Assembly Technician- Concrete PumpsNewport News, VA | Job ID 26156
- Job ID 26156
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Mechanical Assembly Technician performs mechanical assembly and maintenance in the shop on equipment such as concrete pumps, concrete batching plants, ring pan & twin shaft mixers and other concrete equipment and accessories.
- Primary: Plans, drills, cuts, welds, fabricates and assembles mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies on concrete pumps.
- Secondary: May, plan, install, verify electrical wiring, load programs, and troubleshoots/adjusts programmable controls on concrete pumps.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Maintains and documents changes to drawings and procedures, and completes required testing records and checklists.
- Preps, cleans and finishes machines to ensure readiness for delivery to customer.
- Receives, logs and stores parts as they are delivered from warehouse or external suppliers.
- Attends monthly safety meetings and informs workshop staff of topics. Completes reporting as required.
- Receives and maintains new LUS-LMT machines and attachments, maintains laydown areas and manages available space.
- Manages tool inventory and monitors any required maintenance.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe work area at all times.
- Performs duties in a professional manner, and in accordance with all company, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Performs required and assigned trainings in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and two (2) to four (4) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on industrial equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrated understanding in assembling, modifying and repairing industrial equipment.
- Ability to complete tasks with some supervision.
- Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to train others on routine or more complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office, to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.