Health & Safety CoordinatorLaval, QC | Job ID 25847
- Job ID 25847
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Human resources
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
As an innovative, family-run company, we understand that your ideas are our future. That’s why we foster your talent, letting you develop your skills and concepts early on as part of a supportive team. At 47,000 strong worldwide, our employees are the key to our success.
This position will be working within our Health & Safety division to work in partnership with the leadership teams and staff to support the development and strategic and practical Health & Safety initiatives. A self-starter with a passion for safety, you are looking to develop your career within a family owned global business.
Located out of our Laval branch and supporting the eastern sites as well as being a backup for all Liebherr locations across Canada as required. The work schedule is on a Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day.
Your Skills – Health & Safety Coordinator
- You are confident in your customer service skills and able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategies that influence cultural change, with a focus on awareness, risk assessment, emergency preparedness, compliance and governance of Health and Safety matters.
- With your proven service oriented approach and demonstrated commitment to safe work practices, you will assist in the review, development and implementation of robust strategies, and policies.
- Technologically savvy with proficient use of Microsoft Office products and experience with databases and document tracking, you are tracking all written environmental health and safety standard operating procedures and work instructions for the Safety Management System.
- Your collaborative work style with cross functional teams will allow you to champion change to ensure support and provide guidance to the joint Health and Safety Committees, assist in performing annual audits of each written program, and review and document Near Misses, Incidents, and safety action items.
- Exemplary communication skills – both oral and written, you are bilingual in English and French and can lead tool box talks and safety peer mentoring activities.
- You have a thirst for knowledge and remain current with a passion for delivering outstanding Health & Safety programs at branch level through research, and possess the ability to advise/train the business accordingly on legislative Health and Safety requirements.
- You have a minimum of three years’ experience in Health & Safety in a production, technical service or heavy equipment environment supported by an Occupational Health and Safety certificate / diploma or equivalent. You are also Joint Health and Safety Committee Member Certified.
- You are trained in Emergency First Aid and/or First Response.
We offer a highly competitive total benefits package, inclusive of salary, full earnings employer RRSP matching, employer paid premiums into our benefits plan, and enrolment for employees and their dependents into extended health, dental and vision care programs from your first day as a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates its diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for our employees.