Environmental Health and Safety ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 25709
- Job ID 25709
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Operational safety
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for the Health & Safety functions for various Liebherr Company locations within the US to review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. May conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals to meet company and Federal and State regulatory requirements.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and guidance to divisional Safety representatives.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes or to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Advise Leadership and employees regarding health or safety issues.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Develop or maintain hygiene programs, such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, or asbestos management plans.
- Design public or employee health programs.
- Conduct and support company safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation and regulations.
- Collaborate with engineers or physicians to institute control or remedial measures for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and online training programs and develop materials for these presentations.
- Coordinate "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
- Oversee the Vehicle Safety, WC and OSHA programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and four years of experience or six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Safety Professional or Occupational Health and Safety Technologist certification desired.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulatory requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and charts.
- Ability to solve Health and safety related issues and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited or no standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule required to meet multiple shifts and offsite locations.
- Ability to maintain discretion and handle sensitive information.
An interesting and ambitious role with a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.