Regional Sales ManagerHouston, TX | Job ID 16949
- Job ID 16949
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry immediate
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM), manages sales activities of Liebherr USA, Co - Construction Equipment Division (LUS-EMT) within the defined territory through appointed Liebherr dealers or direct sales channels. Acts to influence sales personnel within Liebherr dealers and facilitates their sales efforts. This position is responsible for the overall sales to Liebherr dealers and achieving the market share defined in the Dealer Business Planning Tool.
- Responsible for building and managing a dealer network for sales and marketing within the assigned territory. Identifies, develops, and coordinates effective business relationships with dealers to ensure maximum market share within the assigned territory.
- Meets with key clients, assisting dealer sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Supports development of sales strategy for the assigned territory while ensuring alignment with LUS-EMT’s overall strategy.
- Provide training and support to dealer sales representatives. Assists in delivering sales presentations to key clients in coordination with dealer sales representatives.
- Provides Weekly Sales Reports and LIVIS entries to track activity within respective region.
- Acts as a liaison between sales department and other LUS-EMT departments as needed.
- At the direction of the Senior Manager, Dealer Sales & National Accounts, researches and develops new business markets within the assigned territory.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned dealers inventory and First-in-Dirt (FID) reporting (Stock, Rental Fleet or Sold).
- Maintains frequent and timely assessments and reports on market conditions; potential and current dealers and competitors; provide frequent and accurate forecasts. Must provide timely input/updates for call reports, lost sale reports and other similar reports as required by company reporting procedures.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with five to seven years of sales experience in the heavy construction equipment industry or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 10 or more years.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques and the ability to close sales.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups for training and product introductions.
- Sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties in field assignments ranging from dealer locations to customer job sites.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups for maximum customer satisfaction
- Strong record keeping and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite including Word, Power-Point and Excel.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.