Manufacturing EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 16622
- Job ID 16622
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 7/30/2019
The Manufacturing Engineer interfaces with all functions in the facility to support the manufacture of current products and the development of equipment and processes for new products and improvements to the overall Product Delivery System.
- Provides technical direction, leadership and support for the factory in lean manufacturing, tooling, manufacturing processes, project management, and training.
- Supports development of new and existing products and processes.
- Provides input for fiscal planning, capital projects and cost reductions.
- Reviews product design for manufacturability.
- Provides technical assistance in the implementation of manufacturing concepts.
- Implements and supports manufacturing technologies.
- Selects, specifies, and installs of equipment that is statistically capable, reliable, and maintainable as well as safe and ergonomically sound.
- Conducts time studies as required to support manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates and implements new and advanced engineering concepts, new equipment, processes, and technological developments in the field to maintain state-of-the art awareness.
- Develops equipment utilization forecasts and make any proposals necessary to support planned and unplanned future growth and/or requirements changes.
- Investigates and recommends possible alternative materials in order to improve availability and manufacturing efficiency.
- Maintains and reviews processes to ensure safe tools, methods, operations, and equipment are in use throughout the facility.
- Supports supplier development in the area of manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or technical school in an engineering related discipline; or 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Products including: Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Knowledge of basic heavy equipment manufacturing processes, equipment, and work area requirements
- Knowledge of manpower and equipment utilization calculations and planning
- Skilled in planning, managing, and completing projects; Able to set goals and objectives; Able to organize and schedule other people and their tasks; Able to develop realistic action plans.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Pro-Engineer or 3D design software a plus.
- Occasional / extended travel both domestic and international up to 10%
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com