Liebherr-Australia welcomes 100th T 282 truck among fleet of 14
Earlier in the year, Liebherr-Australia welcomed the arrival of the country’s 100th T 282 ultra-class haul truck. This milestone unit was part of a delivery of large fleet of fourteen (14) T 282 C ultra-class haul trucks to a valued customer in the coal-rich Bowen Basin in North Queensland.
To celebrate these two major milestones, Liebherr-Australia created a timelapse video.
The video follows the 1000km journey from the Port of Brisbane to the build-site in North Queensland, showing all of the pieces being put together, and culminates in footage of some of the fleet in action. Also shown in the video is footage of the dump bodies being manufactured, giving a behind-the-scenes understanding of the work involved in making these giant trucks.
This large-scale, three-month project required precise timing and extremely accurate manoeuvring. The figures below show how much work went into creating the 7minute video:
- 25 hours of road-travel from the Brisbane port to the build-site.
- 2 cameras lived on 2 build pads and took a total of 12096 photographs each
- 22,000 individual frames were taken for the Dump Body Build
- 62 individual timelapse sequences
- Over 150,000 individual frames of video were sequenced, compressed and edited
The trucks shown in the video are already hard at work on the mine site and our customer is extremely pleased with their work.