Welding Training InstructorKillarney | Job-ID 68998
- Job-ID 68998
- Unternehmensbereich Maritime Cranes
- Gesellschaft Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Einsatzbereich Production
- Land Ireland
- Einstiegslevel Professionals
- Vertragsart full time
Reporting to the Steel Construction Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for the practical and theoretical training of both apprentices and existing employees. The key areas for this role will be welding specific training, however the successful applicant will also have the skills and ability to deliver other training specific to metal fabrication roles. This role will also be responsible for delivering training of an acceptable level across a range of skill sets to a variety of employees, monitor time and attendance, performance, and discipline of apprentices, monitor quality of work produced and give constructive feedback and training to welders and fabricators to maintain and improve welding quality standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all apprentices receive training in the various elements of the apprentice training programme, concentrating primarily on welding.
- Presentation of topics to a group of apprentices or coaching of apprentices on a one to one basis.
- Work planning and management of the apprentice rota to ensure that all apprentices receive training in relevant factory departments.
- Continually monitor progress of apprentices in conjunction with other instructors and factory department managers.
- Complete on the job phase assessments and performance reviews for apprentices.
- Monitor time keeping, discipline and behaviour of apprentices and take appropriate action if and when required.
- Assist in the completion of risk assessments for tasks within the Apprentice department.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure that trainees are at all times shown safe working methods.
- Coordinating and testing of company weld tests for both new and existing employees.
- Coaching and training of existing welders and fabricators (Groups or one to one basis).
- Giving constructive feedback to existing staff who may have long service and who may be resistant to change.
- Other duties which may arise.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience
- Able to read, interpret and explain complex working drawings.
- Able to weld to a high standard and explain different processes (MIG, TIG, MMA, Gas welding, Submerged Arc, Orbital, Soldering and Brazing).
- Capable of fitting, fabrication and welding of steel structures and the use of gas cutting, heating head torches etc.
- Able to safely use a wide range of hand tools and to explain their uses to trainees.
- A relevant welding qualification • Minimum of 5 years post qualification welding and fabrication experience incorporating a range of welding processes.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and / or Pro-Engineer is an advantage.
- Experience of robotic and automated welding would be a distinct advantage.
- Recognised Trainer / Instructor qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Proven track record of producing high quality work.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of workplace health and safety.
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme, training and development opportunities, subsiidised canteen, retialer disciounts, travel opportunities, sports and social club, cycle to work scheme and if that isnt enough, we have an early finish on a friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Darby at: [email protected].
One Passion. Many Opportunities.