Product Technical SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job-ID 37477
- Job-ID 37477
- Unternehmensbereich Earthmoving
- Gesellschaft Liebherr USA Co.
- Einsatzbereich Customer Service
- Land United States
- Einstiegslevel Professionals
- Vertragsart full time
- Eintrittsdatum 10/25/2021
The Product Technical Specialists primary responsibility is providing call center technical support to the US dealer network based out of Liebherr USA, Co. headquarters in Newport News, VA. The Product Technical Specialist will be the first point of contact for dealer technicians when they cannot resolve a technical issue on their own and therefore must be the market expert on their particular product line; requiring a strong background in service, maintenance, troubleshooting and operation of any machine model within that product line. As the technical expert for a particular product range this person will also be the primary technical liaison for the US market to the associated factory in Europe.
- Works directly with dealer technicians and/or service management by remotely guiding them through service maintenance, troubleshooting and technical issues to ensure products operate and perform with the highest production and availability to meet customer expectations.
- Answers incoming phone calls and emails from dealer technicians in a timely manner then holding responsibility to track the associated calls through to completion of issue.
- Uses hydraulic and electric schematics, diagnostic software and advanced troubleshooting techniques to assist dealer technicians resolve machine issues.
- Records each phone call or email in a call log system and uses the stored information to track trends.
- Communicates directly with the Technical Support Departments at the Liebherr factories in Europe, supplying detailed reports of issues when internal assistance is needed.
- Assist dealer technicians with diagnostic software, able to explain the installation, use and updating of each.
- Proficient in the use of LIDIA, SCULI, LIDAT, John Deere Service Advisor, LiNDIAG, Bodem, and Hyper-terminal.
- Creates market specific product service update bulletins, with detailed instructions, to be distributed to our dealer network.
- Follows through with manufacturer’s recommendations with regard to service or product updates.
- Prepares detailed technical reports and system performance analyses that can be forwarded to the factory for machine and special attachment performance review.
- Provides after hours support on rotation within the technical support team.
- Occasionally travels within the market to provide on site technical guidence to dealers.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of relevant equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have advanced mechanical skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and be able to generate and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Have basic knowledge in DC and AC electric circuits.
- Have extended understanding of engines, hydraulic pumps and motors and other mechanical components.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, hydraulic and electric schematics.
- Ability to operate mechanical and electric test equipment.
- Possess strong people skills and be able to communicate in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to conduct maintenance training schools for customers.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.