Advanced HVAC Controllers
More than just control the air comfort of the ride : based on four decades of experience in microcomputer HVAC controllers for rail vehicles, Liebherr can supply field proven solutions for tomorrow’s requirements today.
Providing thermal comfort through smart temperature control is only one among a continuously growing list of features included within today’s HVAC controllers for rail vehicles. High performance trains require perfect coordination of all onboard systems to optimise the use of available resources and allow full integration into the operator’s organisation. Examples for such limited resources include energy, time and maintenance. Communication is the outstanding feature required to meet these challenges and this becomes more important every day. It allows systems to interact and provides information to human experts, no matter where or when. That’s why Liebherr HVAC controllers are networked among each other and with superior train control & management systems by means of a wide range of state of the art interfaces and protocols dedicated for communication via multifunction vehicle Bus (MVB), controller area network (CAN) or ethernet (IP-Bus).
HVAC Controllers Optimizing Energy
- Information on passenger occupation allows smart controlling of the fresh air rate to save energy
- Staggering machine start-up over the train limits inrush currents
- Commanding variable speed drives to operate machines at optimal operating points increases efficiency
HVAC Controllers Optimizing Time
- Smart diagnostic information reduces troubleshooting time
- Optimizing the closing and opening intervals of pressure-protection valves keeps CO2 level low
- Onboard statistic information enables just-in-time component replacement and reduces spare part stocks
HVAC Controllers Optimizing Maintenance