Liebherr develops, designs and manufactures high-performance components for mechanical, hydraulic and electrical drives and control technology. The emphasis is on complete system solutions. For this reason individual components are optimally matched to work together.
The comprehensive range of Liebherr components includes diesel and gas engines, fuel injection systems, hydraulic pumps and motors, hydraulic cylinders, large diameter bearings, gearboxes and rope winches, electric machines and electric and electronic control technology and components. The wide range of applications includes cranes, construction machines and mining equipment, maritime applications, wind turbines, vehicle and agricultural technology and aviation and traffic engineering.
Liebherr has centres of expertise for the development and manufacture of components at the following locations:
- Biberach an der Riss (Germany): large diameter bearings, gearboxes and rope winches, electric machines, electric control technology
- Bulle (Switzerland): diesel and gas engines, fuel injection systems, hydraulic pumps and motors, hydraulic control technology, splitter boxes
- Ettlingen (Germany): exchange components
- Kirchdorf an der Iller (Germany): hydraulic cylinders
- Lindau (Germany): electronics
- Monterrey (Mexico): large diameter bearings